Learning Path AWS
This is a personal learning guide to obtain knowledge about AWS technologies, this guide aims to certify me in AWS based on the available certifications, in the short term the main objectives are Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect:
In my search for information I found this description of the complete path to a Professional certification.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01)
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) exam requires the knowledge and skills to demonstrate basic knowledge of the AWS platform, such as:
- Available services and their common use cases.
- AWS Cloud architecture principles (at a conceptual level).
- Account security and compliance.
Candidates must also demonstrate an understanding of the AWS cloud economics, such as:
- Billing and analysis.
- The AWS Cloud Value Proposition.
With this knowledge, candidates will be able to validate the ability to:
- Explain the value of AWS Cloud.
- Understand and explain the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- Understand the best security practices in the AWS cloud.
- Understand the costs, economics, and billing practices of AWS Cloud.
- Describe and position the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage.
- Identify AWS services for common use cases.
- Multiple Choice: They have one correct answer and three wrong answers.
- Multiple answer: You have two or more correct answers of five or more choices.
|Stage||% of qualification|
|Stage 1: Cloud concepts||26%|
|Stage 2: Security and compliance||25%|
|Stage 3: Technology||33%|
|Stage 4: Billing and pricing||16%|
Stage 1: Cloud concepts
- [1.1] Define the AWS Cloud and its Value Proposition.
- [1.2] Identify Aspects of the AWS Cloud Economics.
- [1.3] List the different design principles of cloud architecture.
Stage 2: Security and compliance
- [2.1] Define the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- [2.2] Define AWS Cloud Security and Compliance Concepts.
- [2.3] Identify AWS Access Management Capabilities.
- [2.4] Identify resources for security support.
Stage 3: Technology
- [3.1] Define methods of deployment and operation in the AWS Cloud.
- [3.2] Define the global AWS infrastructure.
- [3.3] Identify AWS Core Services.
- [3.4] Identify resources for technological support.
Stage 4: Billing and pricing
- [4.1] Compare and contrast the different AWS pricing models.
- [4.2] Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing.
- [4.3] Identify resources available for billing support.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
The knowledge for this certification is divided into approximately 14 chapters, these are:
- Introduction AWS.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Glacier Storage.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS).
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
- Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch and Auto Scaling.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Databases and AWS.
- SOS, SWF and SNS.
- Domain Name System (DNS) and Amazon Route 53.
- Amazon ElastiCache.
- Additional Key Services.
- Security on AWS.
- AWS Risk and Compliance.
- Architecture Best practices.
Content in Spanish, concepts of AWS services:
Module 1 - Introduction to the AWS Cloud
- Introduction to the AWS Cloud.
- Introduction to the AWS Interfaces.
Module 2 - Core AWS Services
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud - EC2.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store - EBS.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service - S3.
- AWS Global Infrastructure.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud - VPC.
- Security Groups.
Module 3 - AWS Integrated Services
- Application Load Balancer.
- Auto Scaling.
- Amazon Route 53.
- Amazon Relational Database Service - RDS.
- AWS Lambda.
- AWS Elastic BeanStalk.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service - SNS.
- Amazon CloudWatch.
- Amazon CloudFront.
- AWS CloudFormation.
Module 4 - AWS Architecture
- The AWS Good Infrastructure Framework.
- Error Tolerance and High Availability.
- Web Hosting.
Module 5 - AWS Security
- Introduction to AWS Security Resources.
- The Shared Responsibility Model.
- Indentity and Access Management - IAM.
- Amazon Inspector.
- AWS Shield.
- AWS Security Compliance.
Module 6 - Pricing and support
- Fundamental Aspects of Prices.
- Information about prices.
- AWS Thusted Advisor.
- AWS Support plans.
- AWS Certification
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Documentation
- Prepare for AWS Certification Exams
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Frequent Questions
- AWS Benefits